Crossover by Design. Hybrid by Nature. Introducing the New Niro crossover hybrid. With this car you will experience the top qualities of a modern crossover: compact exterior, roomy and refined interior, harmoniously blended with the best talents of a true hybrid.
The New Niro Self Charging Hybrid has become a high-performance petrol engine with a short electric range to bring CO2 emissions down. This is based on the already efficient Niro hybrid, with a 50% more powerful motor (60bhp) and mains-rechargeable battery to keep the engine switched off for up to 36 miles. The upshot; it doesn't become 35mpg burden when that range runs out.
The battery takes just over two hours to charge, offering just over 30 miles of range even at motorway speeds, and there are driving modes to either prioritise battery power or save it for later. Once the battery range is depleted, it behaves like the normal Niro hybrid. So the motor still provides assistance to the engine, and can take over completely for short distances, returning around 60mpg on a mixed route
Top 10 features:
- 7" Touchscreen Satellite Navigation with European Mapping
- Kia Connected Services Featuring TomTom®
- Roof Rails - Reversing Camera System
- Rear Parking Sensors
- Android Auto Connectivity
- 4.2" Supervision Cluster with TFT Colour Display
- Privacy Glass (Rear Windows & Tailgate)
- LED Rear Tail Lights
- LED Daytime Running Lights